Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Rick Springfield Has A Sock Line

So I was in the car last night listening to "Jessie's Girl" and although I have heard the song a million times, this time I listened a little closer to the lyrics. WARNING, Rick is a really, really bad friend, beware of friendships with him.

                                                                     "Jessie's Girl" written by Springfield, Rick

Rick has a nice profile, I don't know why he
has such a hard time finding his own girl???

Jessie is a friend, yeah
I know he's been a good friend of mine (Jessie and Rick are BFF's)
But lately something's changed that ain't hard to define
Jessie's got himself a girl and I want to make her mine (We've all been there, the BFF gets a significant other and bammmmmm... no time for friends so Rick wants to jump on that and feel like he's a part of the mix.)

And she's watching him with those eyes (She is definitely clingy!)
And she's lovin' him with that body, I just know it (Rick knows this because Jessie paged him and when he called him, Jessie told him that they had "relations".)
Yeah 'n' he's holding her in his arms
Late, late at night (They are insomniacs because they aren't just up late, they are up late, late.)

You know, I wish that I had Jessie's girl
I wish that I had Jessie's girl
Where can I find a woman like that (
www.match.com, www.zoosk.com, www.eharmony.com)
Rick even has his own Glamourshot...
a definite selling point in a man!
I play along with the charade
There doesn't seem to be a reason to change
You know, I feel so dirty when they start talking cute (Rick is a creeper!)
I wanna tell her that I love her but the point is probably mute (Rick falls in love a bit too early, because he's never even been out with this chick yet!)

'Cause she's watching him with those eyes (She never let's Jessie have space... she constantly has her eye on him.)
And she's lovin' him with that body, I just know it
And he's holding her in his arms
Late, late at night

You know, I wish that I had Jessie's girl
I wish that I had Jessie's girl
Where can I find a woman like that (If the dating sites were a flop, Jessie should have taken Rick to the bar and "wingmanned" for him! Maybe then he'd leave his girl alone.)


If I were Jessie's girl and I knew Rick
wanted me andddddd he had his own
sock line, I might think twice!!!
Like Jessie's girl
I wish that I had Jessie's girl
Where can I find a woman
Where can I find a woman like that

And I'm lookin' in the mirror all the time (Rick is a Divo)
Wondering what she don't see in me, I've been funny
I've been cool with the lines (This song is seriously making me doubt Rick's cool status.)
Ain't that the way love supposed to be (Basically if she wanted to be with him Rick would steal her away from Jessie... that's not a very BFF thing to do.)

Tell me, where can I find a woman like that (Rick really needs someone to tell him because obviously he is not having any luck with the ladies himself.)
You know, I wish that I had Jessie's girl
I wish that I had Jessie's girl
I want Jessie's girl (I have no idea what she looks like but she must be HOT!)

Where can I find a woman like that
Like Jessie's girl
I wish that I had Jessie's girl
I want, I want Jessie's girl (I think Rick may have short term memory loss because he has told us one too many times that he reallyyyyyy wants Jessie's girl!)


                                       No one and I mean no one, makes a white
                                          undershirt look as good as Rick does!









Songwriters
SPRINGFIELD, RICK
Published by
Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group
Discuss these lyrics...

No comments:

Post a Comment