Sunday, March 16, 2014

Date Night... Wait Whats That???

Date Night 2014
   If you are like my husband and I, then you probably lack "alone" time. Prior to last night, the last time we went out on a date was over a year ago. Now that doesn't mean we always have our kids with us, its just usually if we are out kidless, its with other friends. Which is great, I love hanging out with other couples or going to parties where there are not 1,000 kids running around double dipping their carrot sticks into the veggie dip. However, there is something to be said for a one on one evening with your significant other. So on that note, Dewey and I decided to have a good old fashioned DATE NIGHT! In case you have never experienced this phenomenon...
Wouldn't Be A
Night Out W/Out
A Selfie!!!

Date Night (noun • informal)
  • A prearranged occasion on which an established couple, especially one with children, go for a night out together.
   The night started out with a knock at the door from our neighbor girl Emily, the babysitter (Let me stop here for a second and say that the only hesitation I had on using her was that I never know what the going rate for a babysitter is? I decided on $7-$8.00/hour and I hope that is normal???). First let me say that we rarely use a babysitter, usually we can wrangle up some free childcare via the grandparents and although our kids love spending time with any grandparent that will sit and do a puzzle, they were exceptionally excited about a real babysitter coming over. They cleaned their rooms, ate their dinner and put away their folded laundry with a little extra pep in their step before she came. I knew they were in good hands, which is the first step to a successful date night, Make Sure The Kids Are Safe And Sound So You Can Relax!
 

Not On The Diet!!!
   We set off for a quick bite to eat because I was running late, which is typical and if you have three kids and a house then you will understand this. Before I could get ready I had to pick up, feed the kids, take care of the baby. I never want to leave my house and feel that things were chaotic because then I can not sit back and enjoy myself, nor will my return home be pleasant. I used my time saving trick, apply your makeup in the car and we ended up getting across town with about an hour to spare for dinner.
Greek Pitza
We picked a great little place called Aladdin's Eatery, which focuses on unique natural foods of the Middle East. Our appetizer was Baba, a puree of eggplant, tahini, garlic, and lemon topped with fresh herbs and extra virgin olive oil and of course amazing Pita! Then I had a cup of Chicken Vegetable Soup and Dewey had a Greek Pitza, feta cheese, zaatar, diced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, julienne green peppers and slivered calamata olives and garnished with flakes of sweet basil. Amazing food and a fantastic service from the owner Nick! We especially enjoyed our piece of cake that we split (hopefully my Herbalife coach doesn't read that part) at the end of the meal! Romantic I know, we might as well have been Lady & The Tramp slurping up a noodle in unison!!!
 

Lot's of Laughs @ Laffs Inc.

   We finished the night at Laff's Inc., Toledo's new comedy club. Dewey had heard that Costaki Economopoulos (say that three times fast), was the headliner and since he was a fan we had to go! The club was amazing and we enjoyed several glasses of wine, OK, OK, OK, Dewey enjoyed several glasses of wine, I had about a half glass. Hey, between the laughing and the half glass of wine, this Mama was feeling great! Costaki, was hilarious and since he is a parent, many of his jokes hit home. He also is apparently attempting the healthy lifestyle like we are so when he started telling jokes about rice cakes, I knew I had found my new favorite comedian! I mean that's brilliant stuff, why have I never noticed that rice and cakes are good things, just not good together? I will say the only thing that was distracting about his show was the idiot heckling him in front of us. The first time he yelled something, I was like, seriously? By the time Costaki got around to the favorite holiday portion of his act and Mr. Heckler himself decided to yell out "Hey what about 4th of July",  all I could think was shut the (beep) up. I will say the headliner is a seasoned pro with annoying audience members, because he handled it well. Funny enough, as Dewey and I looked at each other in sync with disgust we both made the same comment, "Of course he has a Michigan hat on". Offensive to the maze and blue fans out there, I'm sure. True story, 90% of the hoodrats I see in Wal-Mart have .. you guessed it Michigan jerseys on. It's just a trend I have noticed in this area and yes, I'm sure it doesn't help that we bleed Scarlet and Grey in this house!

Me and Costaki

 
After the audience cleared out, Costaki was nice enough to take a few pics and chat with us. I think Dewey would have loved to buy him a drink but unfortunately we had to get home to relieve the sitter. Not before we had a jam session in the mini van though. That's right, The Town and Country was a rockin' and not in the way you might be thinking. We were car dancing all the way back to Genoa to a little Nelly, "I Am Number One" and White Snake's "Here I Go Again". We may have called it a night before 11:00 pm but we took Date Night to a whole new level!!! 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment