Friday, January 24, 2014

I've Always Wanted to Blog

   I have always wanted to blog, I mean it is the hip, cool thing to do in this day and age. The problem has been, what to blog about? I have some mediocre talents, I can bake pretty well (although my real niche in the kitchen is making any desert out of cool whip and not having to turn the oven on - yes I'm a little lazy, I will get to that later), I consider myself a descent decorator, I recently have vowed to limit processed foods in our home and go Organic and of course I am a locally known "rapper". These would all make good blog topics right? Honestly, NO, who wants to read that crap on a daily basis. So in my quest to feed my family better I have been really combing through family and food blogs over the last few weeks. What have I noticed you may ask, they are all lovely and perfect!

   I mean really do these woman look that good when they are crafting their organic brownies in the kitchen with their kids? Let me tell you I definitely do not. Not only that but as I'm looking at these recipes I have another tab pulled up with the same recipe title only I add "easy" in front of it! While I'm at it can I add "no mess", which brings me back to the lazy part. I am not JUNE CLEAVER!!! You know that commercial for Swiffer where the three generations of women are comparing their cleaning styles and the youngest says "I have perfected the art of foot cleaning", THAT'S ME!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.......................

   Finally, my blog idea was born. Let's talk about what's really going on during the day of this stay at home (I use that term cautiously because we are rarely at home) mom's life. I love the idea of sharing the topics I talk to my girlfriends about on the phone, showing you my non food styled meals, how I really look during the day and the not so perfect things my children do! So here we go, this is THE TRUTH BEHIND SUBURBAN MOTHERHOOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment