Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Family Drama (sigh)

   Well yesterday although my intent was to blog away, I was sidetracked with family issues. I never in 8 years of having FB have ever posted about personal family problems, but I snapped! You can judge me all you want but I know and you know that we have all been there. If you can name a family in America that is perfect I will give you $100 right now. I guarantee you can not. They may have the appearance of perfection, but you never know what's going on behind closed doors.


No perfection here, just LOVE!
   Take the Kennedy's for example. A wealthy, good looking, political family with a golden future knocking at their door. I am certain that in the 50's other families looked at them and were envious of all they had. A multitude of children, beautiful home, probably a vacation home, etc. but if only they knew what was happening behind closed doors. Infidelity for one and a father who taught his sons that it was the norm no less. All the while the wives knew what was happening and allowed it to go on. Not the happiest of family situations, especially with Irish tempers brewing. You can take a popular family today, The Kardashians. Talk about having it all and still having nothing, they are a prime example! I would rather be poor and happy then as rich as they are and deal with the mess that is their lives (all on national television no less).

VACATION
 

 
   Then there is my family, Dewey, myself and the kids. Yes we have a lovely home in a nice subdivision, new cars, a time share and can do what we want when we want. However, we sacrifice time with Dewey for that. He travels a lot for his job and I stay home while the kids are young. This is a family decision we made together and it works but isn't always easy. Sometimes I feel isolated and think I might as well be a single parent and sometimes Dewey just wants to be home. Not too mention starting life at 22 with a baby and no house wasn't easy. We worked hard together to build our life but we sure as hell had struggles. If you lived in our old neighborhood, you probably heard a struggle or two ;) I also consider myself to be a good Mom, not a perfect one. I love my kids more then anything in the whole world but I lose it like we all do and I'm not proud of it but I have once or twice went into psychotic Mom mode. So although I may post on FB about a fun family vacation and hashtag it #familyfun #lovemyfamily #vacation, you will still see the real side of me when I post about my kids driving me nuts #ineedadrink #thesekidsarekillingme!

   I know my Mom has dealt with the same complications in life. I admire her for never letting us go to bed angry, supporting us through all of the good and bad and being the referee through our family complications. Every family has a matriarch, from Ethel Kennedy to my Mom, its a tough job. So no matter who you are or who your matriarch, patriarch, husband, children, etc. are and ALL the differences you share, remember we have all been there at some point.
  
So the moral of this blog? Wealth, beauty, the appearance of perfection is never really all of the story. We are human beings. We have emotions. God gave some of us stronger emotions then others. No two people in a family think the same, feel the same or deal with problems in the same way, ALL OF THE TIME. Look for the good and get passed the bad because life is too short! I can safely keep my $100 right?


A recent trip to The Cheesecake Factory with Nana

1 comment: