Thursday, February 6, 2014

Goodbye Gerber... Hello Homemade!!!

Love this book!
   I have been buying organic baby food for Easton since he was about 4 months old. Each packet cost between $1.47 and $1.99ish, depending on what store I purchased it from. It didn't seem all that expensive at first, but now that he is over 7 months and eating three meals a day, its getting pricey! So as I was enjoying an afternoon of Goodwilling with my Mother (yeah that's right we were poppin' tags like Macklemore), I purchased an awesome book for $1.50 called "Top 100 Baby Purees... 100 Quick And Easy Meals For A Healthy And Happy Baby" by Annabel Karmel.
  

Pea Puree and Applesauce
   Finally, last night I pulled it off the shelf and flagged a few recipes to try. How hard could it be? Especially since I have a Magic Bullet that my husband bought me for our very first Christmas together and yes it was from an infomercial and yes a majority of my gifts from him are also from infomercials! Actually, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was! The results were steamed peas pureed in my Magic Bullet and apples sliced, cooked and pureed in the MB as well. I topped the applesauce with a sprinkle of cinnamon and voila... he loved it!    
   I would estimate that this will save me approximately $50 - $75.00 per month. The trade off is a very messy kitchen that I still need to clean during American Idol commercial breaks, but very worth it for nutritional purposes and all the money saved!

Awwww he likes it!

                              
                                      Not sure about this green stuff?
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment